Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Bear Hunt!

Today was a rather interesting day. 
Some of the kids were just having a rough day today, I think.
Either that or they knew it was going to rain for all of 10 minutes and that just made them crazy.
Who knows?
Anyways
I did two morning meeting activities this morning.
One of which was another game where they got to pop!
They highly enjoy popping.
The second I walk over to the rug
“Are we going to pop!” They ask while already popping and hopping.

Just maybe children, you just might.
What I say is…
“We are going to play a new game today! But, you still get to pop. Ok, how many of you can count to four?”
Shouts of “I can!” come from all areas and then they start counting.
Somehow?
It took a while before they all finished counting to four…
“Ok, good job! Now, listen closely.  Four is going to be the magic number. Got it?”
Heads nod.
“We are going to go around the circle starting with Ashley.  Ashley will say one, Michael will say two, Mia will say three, and Matt, instead of saying four, you are going to jump up and say “Pop!” Then, the next person starts with one again.  Get it?”
“Ya!” They say excitedly.
Apparently they did not.
I had to tell each and every child their number. Also? I had to tell them when it was their turn.
It took a while.
They were little chetter boxes this morning.
If I was a smart teacher, I would have ended things then.  But alas, I am not yet a smart teacher.  So I continued onto the next activity!
“Well, we will try that game again another day. You will get the hang of it! Alright! Now, we are going to sing a song! Actually, we are going on a bear hunt.”
“A bear?! A bear?! We are looking for a bear?” One child exclaims.
“I know this song!” five others feel the need to shout out.
“Well good.  All you guys have to do is repeat what the song says! It is a lot of fun.”
Most of the kids sung along.  Some rolled around while singing.  Strange… rolling during a bear hunt…
Then, there is one part during the song where they find the bear and the singer has a frightened voice and then you yell!
Yell they did.
In fact some were flat out screaming.
Jumping, running, and screaming oh my!!!
I fully expected it.
I tried to quiet them down but failed.
I was laughing too hard.
They were hysterical.
Arms flying, feet jumping, wild eyes! Hilarious.
They are a humorous bunch.
Love.
I should add as a side note – I did a story this afternoon asking questions and what not.  The kids were fantastic!
They oozed awesomeness.
They got loud for a moment, I quieted them down within seconds!
I got to hand out stickers and smarties.  They were great.
Again.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!