Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seriously, funny

We are playing a popcorn name game.  Students pop up one at a time and say “Hi, my name is, _____.” We are going around the circle.  On her turn, one little girl pops up “Hi, my name's Grace!” immediately she turns red and hides her face.  Her name is Katie, not Grace.

Playing a game where you act out what you like to do.  One little boy enters the circle and stretches his arms out, letting his hands droop. 
No one knows what to guess.
I am rather perplexed as well.
“Umm sweetie, why don’t you tell us what you are acting out.”
“I’m a skeleton!” He happily exclaims.
“Ohh, ok.  That was a really tricky one!”
Apparently, he likes to pretend to be skeletons.

While playing the same game.  A little girl enters the circle and stands still. She plays with her shirt a little, but mostly just stands there.
“Sweetie? Are you goiong to act out what you like to do?” I ask.
She runs over to me and whispers
“I was a zebra.”

Also, during the game, another girl comes into the middle and does the splits. Then she goes back to her spot.
“Doing the splits hurts.  It feels like I am being shot, and my legs are just going to fall off.”
Well, ok then.  That is quite the description.

During math they are deciding if things should be on, under, or over.
I walk by one little boy who has placed the goat under the bridge in the water.
“The goat is out for a swim?” I ask
“Huh?” He looks at his paper again, looks up at me and grins.
“I was supposed to put the frog there, wasn’t I?” he asks.
“Quite possibly, unless you have a swimming goat.”

I am doing work at the table, then I get that feeling that someone is staring at me.
I look up to see a little boy looking at me smiling.
“What are you doing” I ask.
He stares for a moment longer
“I just like looking at you.” He replies still smiling.

The line leader is following me to the cafeteria.  We get inaide and I get them in line to get lunch.
The line leader looks up at me rather suddenly and asks
“Wait, what’s going on? Are we in line to get lunch?!”
“I nod.  Yes kiddo.  It is in fact lunch time.”
“Oh, ok.”  He says a little relieved.  
I wonder what he was expecting…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!