Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sometimes we have those days...

Not every day is great guys.
Not every day is all humorous.
Today?
Not such a great day.
We all have them though.
First?  Morning meeting didn’t go so well.
The greeting went well, the activity? Not so much.
They were refusing to do what I asked them to.  
Some just did not pay attention at all.
So I ended that activity and was going to do another one.
But they were too silly. 
Way too silly.
No way was I going to be able to accomplish anything at that point.
I kind of got them settled down, and then handed them back over to Ms. P.
Later we discussed it, we talked about things I could do differently tomorrow.
After lunch, I read a story.  It went a little better.  Mostly because Ms. P. talked to them before I read the story. (I had gone to the bathroom)
The worst though?
The worst was social studies.
It really didn’t go too horribly.
They mostly listened and paid attention.
There were the occasional few that acted out.  Mostly I took care of it.
Unfortunately, it was this lesson that my supervisor came to observe.
Later, after dismissal, she told me what was what. 
She told me what I did well.
She told me what I did wrong.
She told me what I did terribly and that I need to fix it immediately.
It was rough.
But everyone has those days.
The best part of the day?
I was walking to the car, writing an email on my phone.  I forgot to look up for a minute.
When I did, I looked up just in time to walk into the flag pole.
Sometimes, these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!