Monday, September 12, 2011

Moments of all varieties.

Today at school, despite the blister, paper cut, and, random bug bite; I had a fairly decent day.
Still working on behavior management.  Getting though there, getting there.
Interesting moments of the day.
“Ok, we are acting out things we like to do at school. Who wants to go next”
I call on one little boy I can usually count on to do the right thing.
He gets up, and immediately I know what he is going to do.
He stands up, and stretches his arms out on either side, letting his hands droop.
Before I can say anything…
“I’m a skeleton!”
“Sweetie, that’s cool, but not generally an activity we do at school.”
Sigh.
At recess, I approach one little girl who is on the bench crying.
“What’s wrong?”
Some mumbled teary words tumble out of her mouth.  From what I could gather, someone pushed her and then her shoe fell off.
“Aww, I’m sorry girly! Are you okay? Does anything hurt?” She shakes her head.
“Want me to help you put your shoe back on?” She nods.
She is still crying and upset.
“Ooh, I like your shoes, they are so cool and sparkly!”
Immediately she perks up and starts to tell me about how they are Twinkle Toes.
A girl and her love of shoes.
I forgot how early it starts.
Today was a very musical day.
I walked by one child on the swing at recess singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
I walked by another child singing a different song.
Then in the classroom, I heard three different kids humming three different songs.
Thank goodness for music.
Today in math, Ms. P. had the kids on the rug doing their worksheets.
Some were more squished than others. 
Ashley decided to lie down so she could have better access to her paper.
It worked out well until they had to color.
The boy next to her, Sam, squished up against her.
Then, he was leaning on her a little.
After a minute, he was really leaning on her back.
Practically laying on her. 
It was like he was using her as a resting place.
She kept looking at him as if she was saying “Hello!? Body here!”
It was hilarious; I was trying so hard not to laugh.

During social studies, Ms. P asked the kids
“Why is the United States important to us? Who lives there?”
To which several kids answered, “God!”
Too funny.
Took them a few guesses to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!