Monday, September 19, 2011

The day I felt mean

Today the kids had a sub.
We didn’t warn them about it, so they were slightly confused this morning.
They kept asking me where Ms. P was and when she would be back. 
It was cute.
Because there was a sub, and they are children, they decided to see what they could get away with.
They were sneaky in their own ways.
One girl in particular thought she was extremely sneaky.
She turned off the lights in the bathroom.
The first time it happened, I was told about it.
The second time?
I caught her.
I walk by the bathroom, the lights are on.
I check on the boys making sure they are not goofing around, then head back towards the girls.
The lights are off.
So I watch, nothing.
“Why are the lights off?” I call in.
Immediately the light goes on and I see one girl book it to a stall.
No way.
“Alexis, when we get back to the room, you are moving your pin to orange. We DO not play with the light switch, especially in the bathroom.”
After a moment she comes out.
She washes her hands, and goes to get a drink.
I remind her “When we get back, you are moving your pin.”
“I have to move my pin?”She says seeming upset.
“Yes, that was the second time today you played with the lights in the bathroom. I was told by a few girls about the first time.  I caught you this time. So, yes. You are moving a pin.”
She knows what she did was wrong.
I know she is mad.
Reluctantly, she does as she was asked.
Sigh, I don’t like having to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!