Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crazy and Chaotic

Masses of children run around yelling and screaming.
Back and forth, all around.
Just barely getting by one another without smashing smack into each other.
This is known as recess.
Children are crazy.
I walk by the kids on the swings.
I give the occasional push to get them started, and then continue walking around.
All of a sudden children start approaching me.
One tells me a story.
Another tells on someone for taking off their name tag.
Someone tells because so and so is throwing mulch.
Then one little girl approaches me
“He hit me! He hit me and hurt me!” she cries hysterically.
The ‘he’ mentioned comes running over.
“That’s because she hit me and grabbed my shirt!” He shouts angrily.
Then, right there in front of me, this little girl reaches out and grabs the little boys hand. Then she starts pinching his hand! Squeezing as tight as she can!
“Hey! Knock it off!” I firmly say. She doesn’t stop.
I grab her hand and pry each finger off of the little boys. Her knuckles are white she is squeezing so hard. His hand is red.
“You, do not ever do that again.  That is not nice, not at all. Go play over there.”
“And you?” I say to the boy” Do not go near her, you play on this side of the playground, got it?”
They both nod and run off.
Really? Right in front of me she does this.
That was an interesting recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!