Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cupcake Attack

“Look, they are not heavy! They are so easy to carry by the handles. You can do it!”
I pick up the two cupcake containers and hand them to Ryan. Before he is able to grab them,
Whoosh! Plop!
The bottom falls off one of the containers, it just so happens to be the container that still has four cupcakes in it.  I look at the cupcake attack that has occurred.
There are four cupcakes frosting side down on the floor.  Two landed on the hard floor, two landed on the carpet. The frosting has splattered.
I laugh.  “Well, the cover was on tight.”
The students make sound varying from “Ooooh’s! to “Oh no!” and the occasional, “Can I eat that one?”
Ms. P looks over at the mess “Oh no! I’m so sorry this happened. I checked the cover too.”
“Oh well, what can you do?” I say as I start picking up the overturned cupcakes.
The students are directed to walk around the cupcake mess. It was time for dismissal. Several of the children have a great desire to walk through the frosting. I block them off with frosting-covered hands.
I throw away the four cupcakes and then reevaluate the mess before me. I decide that a Lysol wipe would be best to clean with.
Not so much.
I have gone from clumped up frosting, to wet smudged frosting and an even stickier floor.
Hmm.
Water?
I get a paper towel and wet it, just a little, then attempt to clean up the mess again. It works a little better.
Finally, three wet paper towels, two dry ones, and two Lysol wipes later, plus a good hand washing for myself, the cupcake mess is clean. 
Then I decide to clean the board. As I am wiping off the board, one of my professors walks in.
“What are you up to, Kimmy?”
“Oh, just on a little cleaning spree.  I cleaned up a surprise cupcake attack, and now I am cleaning the board.”
She laughs “Oh, ok, well at least it is all clean now…”
Sigh. A perfectly good opportunity for a humorous conversation, rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!