Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Awkward Day

Today is what I call an awkward day. There were several awkward moments…
I went to the teachers’ lounge to make copies.  I entered the pin number, inserted the paper I wanted to copy, and entered the amount of copies I wanted. Then I hit copy… nothing.  Hmm
So I try it again… nothing.  Then it gives me a message I don’t understand. 
Oh no, did I break it?!
There were two other teachers in the room.  I knew I had to ask for help.
“Ummm, I think I need help.” I said sheepishly.
I felt so dumb.
Luckily the teachers helped.  But still? I felt dumb. It was awkward.

Later that day I used the paper cutter.
We had a war.
I could not get the paper the right size.  Nor could I cut it without tearing up the paper.
I must be the most incompetent person ever.  What on earth! Why can’t I do this!
Ugh, that teacher over there must think I am stupid.  Ms. P. is going to wonder who she got stuck with.  How she got stuck with someone such as myself!
You can do this Kim, just keep trying!
Why is this other teacher still here?
Ahhh! Why are more teachers coming in!
Just finish quick, don’t let them see the messed up papers.  Hurry! Hurry!
Almost done!
Ok, last one. Oh man, I ripped this one too!
Oh well, just go! Escape!
Luckily, Ms. P did not care too much.

Later, this one little boy came up to me with his picture.
“Look! This is me holding a skeleton head! I wasn’t scared though. Skeletons are friendly.  They are just bones.” He was very proud of his picture.
“Oh, oook.  That’s a cool picture.”
Really, how does one reply to that.

Ok, so my first day at the school, one little boy in the class blew me a kiss.
The next day, he walks up to me in the hall and just looks at me.  “You’re beautiful.” He happily says
Today, I caught him gazing, yes, gazing at me, several times.  No joke. So I would smile and point which way he SHOULD be looking.
It is cute, but awkward.  This constant gazing.
So yes, that was my awkward day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!