Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Full moon

Chicka chicka boom boom,
Is tonight a full moon?
Today, the kindergarteners had a very hard time remembering to keep their hands to themselves.
Not even just in my class.
There were incidents from a few of the classes.
I don’t know if they just forget.
Or if it is a full on domino effect.
One students pokes another student and then it just keeps going.
Except they were more than just poking one another.
They were shoving into each other.
Pushing.
Purposely bumping.
Grabbing each other.
Hanging on one another
And pulling one another…
I was constantly saying –
Get off of so and so.
Don’t push him.
Did you just hit him?
Did you just shove her?
It was not one student consistently either.
It was all of them.
Collectively abusing one another.
All day I heard –
Ow
He hit me.
She shoved me.
He bumped into me.
She’s poking me.
He’s grabbing my arm.
At the end of the day, I was waiting with a group of kindergarteners that walk to their neighborhood right down the road.
All of a sudden, I see this one kindergartener shove her friend into a door!
Luckily the door was there.
Granted it was the door of a first grade class that was still having class.
But still.
I had enough by that point.
I made her sit at the end of the line away from her friends.
A few minutes later, I asked her why I had put her there.
She didn’t know.
Sigh.
If tonight is a full moon than things should be better tomorrow.
If tonight is not a full moon?
Well, hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!