Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Creativity or Not Listening?

I am getting pretty good at teaching when not feeling good.
Thursday I had an awesome headache after our field trip and still successfully managed the class and taught them.
Yesterday and today, I have had an awesome cold that is blocking my ears and making them hurt as well.  Still teaching and doing alright.
Today we started making flowers.
Well I cut the flower out, and then made the stem.
Their job today was to color their flowers. Then write their name on one side of the paper, flip it over and glue the flower on the other side of the paper near the top. I even demonstrated it, to each table.
So, they are coloring their flowers.
They are very pretty flowers.
I remind them about the next step a few times.
The end result?
I walk around to each table as they are finishing up.
I see pretty flowers. About half of them glued the flower to the middle of the page.
Some of them had their names on the top of the page.
Several also decided to draw the stems, leaves, and roots, though I told them not to.
Some of them drew whatever they wanted on the paper.
So, I walked around putting the flowers in the correct spot.
One child kept moving his back.
I had to explain to him a few times that it needed to be near the top so we could fit the rest of the flower.
I am glad these kids are so creative.
They tend to take directions into their own hands and decide what they want to do.
Not always useful.
But still pretty amusing.
We will have very unique flowers.
I love these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!